Engagement sessions are a great chance for us to work together, and you both to get comfortable in front of my camera. Here are some tips for you to prep so that we can make the best out of your session!
- Choose a location that represents who you are as a couple. If you're not the outdoorsy, woodsy type people, then we shouldn't go to a forest preserve. Maybe your favorite cafe, or downtown in your home town, maybe even at your house! Let's incorporate your first date - your motorcycle, your car....the possibilities are endless, but ultimately I want you to pick a place that you'll be most comfortable.
- Schedule your hair & make-up trial run for the same day if possible!
- Pick three outfits. We don't have to use all three - but at least we'll have options if you decide you'd like to change
- Outfit suggestions? I love a nice dressy outfit for both, and then something more casual. If you're sports fanatics - bring some jersey's. If you're simple, and none of this really works - wear something comfortable, and we'll just stick with that. As for colors? Avoid large flashy prints, or graphic prints. Stay neutral and coordinate in the same color family.
- Visit this pinterest board I created for ideas on outfits, and necklines/styles for different body types.
- Think about your wedding theme & colors. If you'll be using any of your engagement photos for your wedding decor or save the dates, you may want to have an outfit that will match with the rest of your wedding plans.
- Weather considerations. Some couples like to have their engagement session during a season that is opposite to their wedding, so that they'll have a different feel in the photos. It's entirely up to you, but something to think about.
This is meant to be fun! We'll talk about plans, get to know each other, and hopefully laugh a lot. In the end, you'll have some great photos of yourselves and you'll be that much more comfortable on your wedding day.