Covid-19 & Shannon Z Photography
Current Laws (As of 8/9/2020)
Governor Evers has issued a mask mandate for all indoor facilities. I will wear a mask for the duration of our indoor studio photoshoot, and will ask anyone who is not having their photo taken to either wait outside the studio, or wear a mask while in the studio. *You do not have to wear a mask while having your photo taken*
The stay at home order has been lifted. The Badger Bounce Back program can be found here.
Guidlines for Kenosha residents to safely reopen can be found here.
According to the WEDC even though photography as a business is considered non-essential, we are allowed to operate according to Govenor Ever's Safer at Home orders as long as we adhere to social distancing requirements.
What does this mean? We are allowed to service our clients through front porch sessions, or on location (public areas) photo sessions as long as we maintain social distancing of 6' or more.
Regarding in studio sessions, I'm going to start opening up these sessions with the following precautions:
- Upon arrival, text Shannon, and I will direct you to use the rear, separate entrance for clients
- All clothing & props will be removed from the studio space & all surfaces will be sanitized prior to each session
- If anything is used for a client, it will be washed before being used for a future client (this is typical of any clothing, but this will extend to stools, posing blocks, props etc.)
- Full disclosure of illness or any symptoms related to Covid-19 is required for everyone's safety. There is no fee for rescheduling.
- Clients will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry of studio
- I will wear a mask for the duration of the session, and will avoid physical contact as much as possible
All payments will be accepted electronically to avoid in person exchange of money.
Social distancing of 6' or more must be maintained at all times. I will use longer zoom lenses in order to capture images from a safe distance, and offer guidance and direction as needed. This is very similar to how I work in a normal on location shoot.
Full disclosure of illness or contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 will be required. If you or someone you have been in contact with has been diagnosed with Covid-19, we will assess the safety of the situation on a case by case basis, according to current medical and scientific data available. Same goes for me. I will not move forward with an outdoor photo session if I, or someone in my household has been diagnosed with Covid-19 until we have been cleared by medical professionals to do so.
With regards to sanitation - I will not bring any props, or ask you to touch/hold/move any of my equipment. And I will not touch/hold/move anything that you bring to use for the shoot.
Masks/Gloves. It has been widely publicized that unless practicing one-time-use of gloves, they are inefficient for avoiding cross contamination or protection from catching Covid-19. Information on proper glove usage is available here. Masks are effective to reduce the spread of aerosol droplets produced when talking, coughing or sneezing. Proper mask usage & more info on them is here. I will have a mask with me during all shoots.
types of sessions
**Update: Studio Sessions are now available.
Outdoor sessions I will take at this time are: (April 2020)
- Maternity **please discuss with your health practitioner first**
- Engaged Couples
- Family front porch sessions or through the glass
- Corporate headshots
- Document Birthday Parades
Studio Sessions (as of June 2020)
- Milestones / Portraits of young children
Studio Sessions (as of August 2020)
Contract Provisions. I will have a provisional clause on my contract that you'll be required to initial, acknowledging these policies as well as the fact that you are assuming your own risk by participating in a photo session with me.